Mimi..

I'm sitting on my couch just watching my daughter do a puzzle on our dining room table in between her contractions. Her husband is in the bedroom trying to get some sleep before we go to the hospital. She started having contractions around noon today.. And it just so happens she went on maternity leave today too. Thank goodness it happened this way. My work is close by. When she texted all of us, I immediately wanted to come right home. But I was told not too. She was fine and the contractions were still too far apart. So I came home at the usual time. I fed the pups and started dinner. My son in law came home and I could see in his eyes he was worried for his wife. He was also told not to come home. He checked on my daughter, changed clothes and went to the backyard to do some lawn work. He was of course trying to stay busy. After dinner my daughter decided to go to the hospital. She was having some bloody discharge. The nurse wanted to check to see if her water broke. I stayed home just in case it was a false alarm and it was.  She's only 1cm dilated. So were just waiting. I probably should try to get some sleep but there's no way I can.. I doubt I'll be going to work tomorrow. I'll be tired as hell but I'll be alright. I can't believe I'm going to be a grandma soon. I've been waiting for this day for so long. It's finally here. I'll be called Mimi. I didn't want to be called grandma because that will be my mom and my grandma will be great grandma.. I am over the moon excited. I just hope that it will be an easy delivery for her. I told her that once the baby is out, she'll forget about all the pain she went through. She's going to be an amazing mother...And I'm going to be the best grandma EVER!!!




No comments